The Journal of V & V

marriage... the bitter-sweet pill of familiarity and day-to-day life... the end of romance? a new journey of strife?

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Teacher's Day, B'day, Yesterday

First off, hope all the teachers had a good Teacher's Day, 1st Sept.

Next, I'd like to say Thank You to all well-wishers for my b'day.

Watched the movie Open Water at PS while my wife went for her facial. Not a bad show, and unique in a way that its shot entirely using digital media, meaning there are no tricks, no special fx. You can actually see some pixelation in some parts. Now stop reading if you hate spoilers.

I thought the plot was pretty straight forward and realistic. Like the way the sharks 'test' their targets numeral times 1st before actually making a move to actually attack. There's also no hollywood-make-people-feel-good-so-we-sell-more-tickets kinda ending. Well, that means one thing, they die. Which is what would've happened, in real life. Props to the producers too for not making a typical hollywood happy ending, I've seen enough of that!

Following that, we wanted to watch Stepford Wives or Face, but the show times were either too early or too late. Right at that moment, a young lady approached us and offered us a complimentary pass for the Tom Hanks movie The Terminal to us cos her friend couldn't make it. And the show starts in 10 minutes! Thank you! I wanted to give the nice lady a big hug, but decided to control myself in the end, heheh.

A nice little B'day gift from my guardian angel perhaps? So we got to watch The Terminal in a couple seat. Not a bad movie, also based on real life events, your typical feel-good movie. But I gotta say it was damn funny. I laugh so hard I had tears in my eyes. At one point people were clapping too.

After the show, I then saw this cute little car coming out of the car park. It's the Daihatsu Copen! Not bad. Cuter than the March I think. Oh, ran into Mei Chen, who's on her way for facial, too. She is so slim now. She said she exercises a lot, that's why. Asked for her hub's name again, and now all I can remember is "Tong" again. She also mentioned that she didn't like the ending of OW. I can understand why, but to me its a very cool ending. I'm surprised she recognises me, what with my very short hair and relatively pale complexion now. Tomorrow I hope I can catch either Face or SW. Should be good!

My ratings for Open Water - 4/5.
No special effects, realistic situation and ending, not your typical movie. Maybe cos I SCUBA dive too, therefore I could be biased. (Mei Chen dives too, so maybe she prefers a Hollywood happy ending, I guess)

The Terminal - 3.5.
The laughs and the supporting characters saved the movie. We know Tom Hanks can act, but this movie is as Hollywood as it gets. Only kids will be fooled into how the staff at the airport will leave their posts like that just to see off a bloke they hardly know.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

helo .. ct n kevin.how r both of u getting on !! n how is the catties ...Happy belated b'day to Kevin.I'm so happy lah ct tt u all r moving to Tampines.Confirm ehhh .. no last min changes tau !! Neway there is Cold Storage open on 13/9 @ Tampines Central Community Ctr.Juz opp blk 728 .. sure u'll like it ...Tynie

3:58 PM  
Blogger veola said...

wa, wat u toking about ha? howcum i dunno? sounds like news to me... :)

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home