The Journal of V & V

marriage... the bitter-sweet pill of familiarity and day-to-day life... the end of romance? a new journey of strife?

Monday, August 16, 2004

Fireworks!!!

Went to catch the last day of the fireworks festival with baby & Siti's x-colleague, the youthful Hariana(sp?) plus her beautiful kids. Hariana's husband Genghis Khan(!), cool & soft-spoken guy btw, got us special access to the roof of the finger pier so we can catch all the pyrotechnics from an excellent vantage point.

It was a rather short 10minutes display but I can safely say that we loved every single minute of it. For me, the colours and the sound from the explosions never fail to give me a rush. And I was taking pictures with my digicam the whole time, trying out different settings, and learning something new about my camera again.

The night didn't end there. We said goodbye to Genghis & family and proceed to the Harbourfront to shop for awhile. I spent some time looking parking again, and this particular high-rise carpark brings back memories of me coming here a few years back with my 1st car. So I quite enjoyed the whole thing and I went right up to the top just for the fun of it.

My Sgt's 'bbq' plan was scrapped due to extremely poor planning and execution. Imagine, we don't know where we want to do it yet (last minute ideas like Sentosa, Seletar, Changi, East Coast Park popped up). Buying ALL the necessary utensils, equipments, charcoal, and what not at the very last minute. And what do we have to bbq? A few miserable crab-sticks, fishball, hotdogs. When I looked at it, I don't know if I should laugh or cry! She didn't look too thrilled by our suggestions of movie and games either.

So instead, we went over to the 24hr makan place near NUS. Baby was eating like a chipmunk and talking with her mouth full, it was so funny to watch. She bit her lip and I could tell she was pissed. I should have told her another of my life stories... I once bit my lip on the same spot 3 times in the same meal, and yet I lived... the amazing thing I realized at that time is that, instead of getting pissed and starting to curse and swear, I just rolled my eyes in pain and discomfort, and just carried on with my food. Guess I have changed.

After makan, we had so much fun at the WCP playground. I got the girls to climb up onto the pyramid. Not bad. Although I found out that I am not as strong as I use to be. There's this verticle rope which, when I was in NS, I was able to climb up by just using my hands. And that is with all my army uniform and heavy boots on. Last night, I can't even pull myself up a little bit. Time to build up my fitness soon.

The rest of the night, or early morning, passed by in a blur, as I was half-asleep, haha.... zzZzzz...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home