The Journal of V & V

marriage... the bitter-sweet pill of familiarity and day-to-day life... the end of romance? a new journey of strife?

Monday, September 20, 2004

Career-Switch

Good News! I passed my medical examinations- one of the criteria before I can be sponsored and accepted by SMCP and TTSH. The Accelerated Diploma Course in Nursing will commence in January next year and so it's back to school, if everything goes well. I am really looking forward to this. Wanted to enrol last year but missed the registration deadline due to work contraints, as well as the timing was not right. Now, I am glad that I made the right choice to quit from SingTel , else I would have missed this opportunity again.

The application/interview process was quite fast. I applied under the Strategic Manpower Conversion Programme (Nursing) Sponsorship. After the online application, I was called for 2 half day attachment at Tan Tok Seng Hospital. Followed by an interview with National Health Group. I was interviewed by NUH Educators. They wanted me to re-consider my choice of hospital. I had listed my 1st choice to be TTSH and last choice was NUH. I told them I'm comfortable with any one. I decided my preferences by distance. Soon after that, I was given a Letter of Offer from TTSH. It is a conditional offer meaning that it will be void if NYP rejects my application. So the next huddle is getting 2 sureties, and application to NYP.

Spoke to 2 of my ex-colleagues and both are willing to be one of my sureties but have to check if they qualify. There are conditions too. It is easier to ask someone to be your surety than to be a surety for someone, what more if he/she is not related to you. I am so grateful to have known them.

To both,eventhough it's not confirmed yet, thank you for having the trust in me.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home